Foundations Up Working With Covid-19 (Coronavirus)
We are taking the Corona Virus pandemic very seriously indeed. We must protect our staff and customers but we also need to continue to work as best we possibly can. We believe that we will need to operate with these measures for some considerable time – this is the ‘new normal’.
We will follow all guidance provided by the Government or Public Health England.
Over and above this, here are some of the measures that we will be taking to protect customers and staff who will be working at customer’s houses or other sites.
No visit will take place to any customer who cannot assure us that they have not:
- Experienced any of the coronavirus symptoms in the last 14 days
- Travelled abroad in the last 14 days
- Had contact with anyone who has experienced the symptoms virus or had to self-isolate within the last 14 days
- Are not self-isolating themselves.
Only in emergencies will we arrange visits to people who are in any of the ‘at risk’ categories. All other work we will reschedule for a less risky time.
If at any stage, you feel you might pose a danger to our staff or cannot meet the conditions described above, please inform us and we will reschedule our visit.
We request that you minimise access to the area that we will be working in for 72 hours prior to our visit, and for your own safety after we have left.
- All staff will wash their hands prior to entering a property, whether it is our customers, our own offices and yard or the premises of our suppliers
- On arrival to your home, or whenever a new member of staff arrives during the day, we will spray and clean down all touch points with anti-viral spray
- We will wash our hands on leaving any premises we enter
- We will make no physical contact with customers or other parties. We will ask them to remain a minimum of 2m from us at all times while we work
- When working at less than 2m this will be restricted to periods of less than 15 minutes and not facing each other
- We will not accept food, drink or anything else from customers
- Where practical our staff will wear PPE:
- When talking to you we will wear masks or interacting with anyone face to face or less than 2m apart
- Gloves will be worn where possible
- The usual construction PPE will be used as normal
Track & Trace
We do not want to put you or ourselves in a position where you or we might have to notify an NHS tracer that we have been in contact close enough to warrant self-isolation. With this is mind we will not:
- Spend 15 minutes or more with you at a distance of less than 2m
- Have direct contact with you – we will not have face-to-face conversations at a distance of less than 1m
At all times we interact with you we will wear masks and request you do the same if you have them.
- All staff are required to report their temperature and blood oxygen levels (reportedly early symptoms of Corvid-19) every morning prior to work. Anyone with unusual readings will be sent home
- All staff who visit customers or suppliers have their own vehicles (not shared), either personal or provided by the company. We will not visit anyone using public transport
- We will minimise the numbers of staff on site at any one time, which might affect the project timescales
- All staff who can conduct their work from home will do so. We have one member of staff in the office, so we will answer phones or return messages as quickly as feasible
- All staff have been issued with handwashing and cleaning materials and given guidance on handwashing and respiratory hygiene:
- wash your hands more often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitiser when you get home or into work, when you blow your nose, sneeze or cough, eat or handle food
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- avoid close contact with people who have symptoms
- cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin and wash your hands
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home
- All staff have been following the lock-down and have been furloughed. Company meetings have been cancelled, postponed or moved online
We have made a commitment to pay our staff full wages as long as we can if they do have to self-isolate so that there is no disincentive to do so.
We can only do this if we can continue to work, and to do this we need to be rigorous about the measures we take to prevent the spread of Coronavirus. We do not intend to offend you with our social distancing measures.
We will make every effort to ensure that your project is not affected by the virus, but there is a chance that it could be, despite the measures we are taking. We would prefer to postpone your work for a little time rather than risk giving you the virus. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
We hope these measures provide some comfort and minimize the risk of continuing to carry out our work.