Foundations Up Working With Covid-19 (Coronavirus)
We are taking the Corona Virus pandemic very seriously indeed. We must protect our staff and customers but we also need to continue to work as best we possibly can. We believe that we will need to operate with these measures for some considerable time – this is the ‘new normal’.
We will follow all guidance provided by the Government or Public Health England.
Over and above this, here are some of the measures that we will be taking to protect customers and staff who will be working at customer’s houses or other sites.
No visit will take place to any customer who cannot assure us that they have not:
- Experienced any of the coronavirus symptoms in the last 14 days.
- Travelled abroad in the last 14 days.
- Had contact with anyone who has experienced the symptoms of the virus or had to self-isolate within the last 14 days.
- Are not self-isolating themselves.
If you are in an at ‘risk group’ we will ask you to avoid face-to- face discussions, please remain in a separate room to any area where our team will be working, and if we need to have a conversation with you we will call you on the telephone.
If at any stage, you feel you might pose a danger to our staff or cannot meet the conditions described above, please inform us and we will reschedule our visit.
We request that you minimise access to the area that we will be working in for 72 hours prior to our visit, and for your own safety after we have left.
- All staff will wash or sanitise their hands prior to entering a property, whether it is our customers, our own offices and yard or the premises of our suppliers.
- On arrival to your home, or whenever a new member of staff arrives during the day, we will spray and clean down all touch points with anti-viral spray.
- We will wash or sanitise our hands on leaving any premises we enter.
- We will make no physical contact with customers or other parties. We will ask them to remain a minimum of 2m from us at all times while we work.
- When working at less than 2m this will be restricted to periods of less than 15 minutes and not facing each other.
- We will not accept food, drink or anything else from customers.
- Where practical our staff will wear PPE:
- When talking to you we will wear masks
- The usual construction PPE will be used as normal.
After the work:
Avoid the area we have worked on for as long as practical, ideally 72 hours, after we have finished and left.
We will keep our contact with you paperless and contactless where possible, so invoices and payment details will be sent electronically. Please contact us if this will be a problem for you.
Contact us immediately should anyone in your household develop symptoms or be diagnosed with Covid-19 at any point up to 14 days after the work has been carried out.
We are working within the government guidelines and taking sensible precautions beyond these so we can continue to work within the Government’s guidelines, and help to get our economy going again.
Track & Trace
We do not want to put you or ourselves in a position where you or we might have to notify an NHS tracer that we have been in contact close enough to warrant self-isolation. With this is mind we will not:
- Spend 15 minutes or more with you at a distance of less than 2m.
- Have direct contact with you – we will not have face-to-face conversations at a distance of less than 1m.
At all times we interact with you we will wear masks and request you do the same if you have them.
- All staff are required to report their temperature every morning prior to work. Anyone with unusual readings will be sent home.
- We will not visit anyone using public transport.
- We will minimise the numbers of staff on site at any one time, which might affect the project timescales.
- All staff who can conduct their work from home will do so. We have socially distanced members of staff in the office, so we will answer phones or return messages as quickly as feasible.
- All staff have been issued with hand washing and cleaning materials and given guidance on hand washing and respiratory hygiene:
- Wash your hands more often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitiser when you get home or into work, when you blow your nose, sneeze or cough, eat or handle food.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who have symptoms.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
We have made a commitment to pay our staff full wages as long as we can if they do have to self-isolate so that there is no disincentive to do so.
We can only do this if we can continue to work, and to do this we need to be rigorous about the measures we take to prevent the spread of Coronavirus. We do not intend to offend you with our social distancing measures.
We will make every effort to ensure that your project is not affected by the virus, but there is a chance that it could be, despite the measures we are taking. We would prefer to postpone your work for a little time rather than risk giving you the virus.
We hope these measures provide some comfort and minimize the risk while continuing to carry out our work.
Many thanks for your help and understanding following these guidelines to make it safe for us to work.
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us immediately; we will be happy to help.