Foundations Up Construction Ltd Job Specification – Hands-on Working Foreman
The Hands-On working foreman role is an exciting and challenging role in a fast growing company. You will need to be articulate, with excellent communications skills to deal with both customers and labour on site when you are leading small teams. A sound understanding in all aspects of domestic construction is required and over 8 years industry experience is expected.
You will be required to work on larger domestic construction projects with other trades from the company and subcontractors. You will also be required to work independently on smaller projects, taking responsibility for the whole job and any staff supporting you.
The types of work that you will be required to perform include restoration, renovations, and general building work such as loft boarding and hatches, fencing and patio work and assisting on extensions. On occasion you might be required to assist with various repair and maintenance tasks. Supervision and training will be provided until you are confident about the high standards we strive to maintain.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity for an ambitious and driven candidate with a passion for construction and a desire to improve cross-trade, hands-on skills.
- Assist on large domestic and commercial construction projects, working as part of a team, or independently to deliver the overall project on time and on budget
- Lead a small team operating independently completing small projects, such as fitting close board fencing or loft hatches. The size and complexity will depend on ability and experience
- Discuss and inform customers about progress so that they understand the work you are completing and applying the levels of service our customer expect
- Helping to grow the company through increasing order book value
- Manage and maintain the tools and vehicle provided to you so that you have the correct and serviceable equipment for the jobs that you are asked to perform
- Accurate measurement and quotations for projects including responsibility for ordering through our accounts
- Manage and account for materials and consumables that will be required on jobs, including ordering, collecting and checking required stock before arriving on a job. You will also be required to manage and arrange returns of excess, unused stock
- Manage your own timesheet and take responsibility for the timesheets of any staff working with you on any job where you are leading the team
- Complete any job related ‘paperwork’ such as job/time sheets as required to allow admin department to cost jobs accurately
Essential Skills and Experience
- Keen interest in construction with basic skills in most trades and a traceable track record for easy reference checking
- Fluent and excellent communicator
- Excellent team worker and motivator
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Drive and determination, keen to learn and ability to work in a dynamic and exciting business
- 8 years construction experience
- Full drivers licence