- Company Van
- Holiday entitlement 20 days plus Public and Bank Holidays
- Eligibility to join a company pension scheme
- Usual hours worked Monday to Friday
Foundations up is looking to secure an experienced carpenter to join our fast growing company. We are primarily involved in restoration and renovations; extensions and general building work around Bath, Somerset, Wiltshire and North Dorset.
You will be happy to work independently on smaller projects. You will be confident to work on larger domestic construction projects, and commercial projects with other trades from the company and subcontractors.
The types of work that you will be required to perform include restoration, renovations and general building work. A large part of our work is installing loft hatches and loft boarding, experience in this type of carpentry would be an advantage. Supervision and training will be provided until you are confident about the high standards we strive to maintain.
You will need to be thorough, considerate and articulate, with excellent communications skills when dealing with customers and while working with other trades on site.
A short interview process followed by reference checking will lead to immediate start for the right candidate.
- Working independently, or part of a team, alongside other trades on large domestic and commercial construction projects, to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Operating independently to complete small projects
- Help less experienced team members gain experience
- Discuss and inform customers about progress so that they understand the work you are completing and applying the levels of service our customer expect
- Manage and maintain the tools and vehicle provided to you so that you have the correct and serviceable equipment for the jobs that you are asked to perform
- Accurate measurement to help with quotations for projects
- Manage your own timesheet and assist project Manager with site diary to keep track of costs
Essential Skills and Experience
- Keen interest in construction primarily carpentry
- Relevant carpentry experience
- Traceable track record for easy reference checking
- Excellent team worker, fluent and excellent communicator
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Drive and determination, keen to learn and ability to work in a dynamic and exciting business
- Full drivers licence