Foundations Up Construction Ltd Job Specification – Carpenter and Energy Surveyor
The Carpenter Surveyor role is a new and exciting role in our fast growing company. You will need to be articulate, with excellent communications skills to deal with both customers and labour on site. A sound understanding in domestic construction, particularly carpentry and energy saving measures, is required and over 8 years industry experience is expected.
You will be required to visit new customers and survey potential work, suggest and design solutions. You will work with the carpentry foreman and directors to provide prices and issues quotations for the solutions that you have created. In-house training will be provided where necessary, and there is potential for nationally accredited energy performance training for a successful candidate.
Predominately the role will be surveying and designing solutions for loft storage, access and insulation. There is a requirement to also survey a wide range of other carpentry work so a sound understanding of site carpentry is essential. When required it will be necessary to assist our team of carpenters completing projects or trouble shooting where there have been issues. High standards of craftsmanship is vital to ensure that work is completed to your design. Supervision and training will be provided until you are confident about the high standards we strive to maintain.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity for an capable candidate with a desire to utilise their knowledge and skills. The role is idea for an experienced carpenter who is looking for a less physically demanding role.
- Working independently, as part of the carpentry team, on carpentry projects of your design to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Survey, design and price solutions for customers to high standards of craftsmanship
- Discuss and inform customers about progress so that they understand the work you are completing and applying the levels of service our customer expect
- Manage and maintain the tools and vehicle provided to you
- Manage your own time and diary to arrange visits to customer and carpenters to progress projects
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Keen interest in construction, primarily carpentry and energy saving measures
- Relevant carpentry experience
- Confidence to use emails, internet and computers to communicate with staff and customers
- Traceable track record for easy reference checking
- Excellent team worker, fluent and excellent communicator
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Drive and determination, high standards and an ability to work in a dynamic and exciting business
- Full drivers licence
- Excellent Salary based on experience and ability
- Company Van with fuel card
- Holiday entitlement 20 days plus Public and Bank Holidays including time off in lieu
- Opportunity to be an employee owner of your business
- Eligibility to join a company pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for this reputable company, then please do not hesitate in applying.
Important: While this role does involve selling solutions to customers it is a technical role so experience in carpentry is vital. We do not get involved with hard, pressure sales; we present the solution and price and allow the customer to decide.
Coleford, Somerset – within 40 miles of BA3 – covering Bath, Bristol and Somerset.
To arrange an interview please apply to Mike Edwards, Project Manager by phone or email.
Email = email@example.com
Tel = 01373 813 438