Job Specification – Bricklayer/Plasterer – Foundations Up Construction Ltd
Foundations up is looking to secure an experienced Bricklayer who can also plaster & render to join our fast growing company.
You will need to be friendly, articulate, with excellent communications skills to deal with both customers and with colleagues on site when you are leading small teams.
A sound understanding in all aspects of domestic construction would be an advantage. We would expect the successful applicant to have a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
You will be required to work on larger domestic construction projects with other trades from the company and sometimes subcontractors.
You will also be required to work independently on smaller projects, taking responsibility for the whole job and any staff supporting you. For the right candidate this role will progress to the role of Wet Trades Foreman.
The types of work that you will be required to perform include renovations, new builds, plastering and patio work and assisting on extensions.
On occasion you might be required to assist with various repair and maintenance tasks.
Supervision and training will be provided until you are confident about the high standards we strive to maintain.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity for an ambitious and driven candidate with a passion for construction.
- Assist on large domestic and commercial construction projects, working as part of a team to deliver the overall project on time and on budget
- Discuss and inform customers about progress so that they understand the work you are completing and so they are receiving the levels of service our customer expect
- Manage and maintain the tools and vehicle provided to you so that you have the right and serviceable equipment for the jobs that you are asked to perform
- Lead a small team operating independently completing small projects, such as laying patios and plastering. The size and complexity will depend on ability and experience
- Manage and account for materials and consumables that will be required on jobs, including ordering, collecting and checking required stock before arriving on a job. You will also be required to manage and arrange returns of excess, unused stock and materials
- Manage your own timesheet and take responsibility for the timesheets of any staff working with you on any job where you are leading the team
- Complete any job related ‘paperwork’ such as job sheets as required so that all details of the work has been recorded accurately
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Keen interest in construction
- Fluent and excellent communicator
- Drive and determination, keen to learn and ability to work in a dynamic and exciting business
- 3 years construction experience, particularly brickwork and plastering
- Full drivers licence
- Competitive Salary
- Company Van
- Holiday entitlement 20 days plus Public and Bank Holidays
- Working as part of a multi skilled team and learning new skills
- Eligibility to join a company pension scheme
- Usual hours worked Monday to Friday with very few weekends