- Company Van
- Holiday entitlement 20 days plus Public and Bank Holidays
- Buy/sell up to 5 days holiday per year
- Eligibility to join a company pension scheme
- Option of home to work use of company van
- All hours worked Monday to Friday
- On call limited to prior agreement
- Ongoing training
Foundations Up are looking for a qualified Experienced Electrician to join our expanding team.
We are primarily involved in restoration and renovations; extensions and general building work; commercial building work as well as small projects such as loft lighting, exterior lighting and electrical vehicle charge points (training will be provided as necessary). Areas covered include Bath, Bristol, Somerset, Wiltshire and North Dorset.
You will be happy to work independently on smaller projects, taking responsibility for the whole job and any staff supporting you. You will be confident to work on larger domestic construction projects, and commercial projects with other trades from the company and subcontractors.
A sound understanding of all aspects of domestic and commercial installation and regulations is required and relevant industry experience is expected. Must be an experienced and fully qualified Electrician with 17th/18th Edition / Level 3 City & Guilds Qualifications, 2391 Test and Inspection preferable.
This is a full time, permanent role with a 45 hour working week. You will receive a competitive rate based on experience + work based incentives, holidays and pension contribution.
You will need to be thorough, considerate and articulate, with excellent communications skills when dealing with customers and while working with other trades on site.
A short interview process followed by reference checking will lead to immediate start for the right candidate.
- Working independently, or part of a team, alongside other trades on large domestic and commercial construction projects, to deliver the project on time and on budget
- Operating independently to complete small projects
- Lead a small team which you will build as we grow and act as a trainer and mentor for less experienced team members
- Discuss and inform customers about progress so that they understand the work you are completing and applying the levels of service our customer expect
- Carry out PAT testing on company appliances and tools (training provided if required)
- Helping to grow the company through increasing order book value
- Manage and maintain the tools and vehicle provided to you so that you have the correct and serviceable equipment for the jobs that you are asked to perform
- Accurate measurement and quotations for projects including responsibility for ordering through our accounts
- Manage and account for materials and consumables that will be required on jobs, including ordering, collecting and checking required stock before arriving on a job. You will also be required to manage and arrange returns of excess, unused stock
- Manage your own timesheet and take responsibility for the timesheets of any staff working with you on any job where you are leading the team
- Complete any job related ‘paperwork’ such as certificates, reports and job/time sheets as required to allow admin department to cost jobs accurately
Essential Skills and Experience
- Must be an experienced and fully qualified Electrician with 17th/18th Edition / Level 3 City & Guilds Qualifications, 2394 Initial Verification or 2391 Test and Inspection preferable
- Traceable track record for easy reference checking
- Fluent and excellent communicator
- Excellent team worker and motivator
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Drive and determination, keen to learn and ability to work in a dynamic and exciting business
- Full drivers licence